Why Purchase a TMS?
A ccording to recent Peerless Research Group (PRG) surveys and feedback as published in the January 1, 2013,Â Logistics Management article, “Supply Chain Technology: Transportation Management Systems (TMS) gaining altitude,”Â many shippers of freight, such as manufacturers and distribution companies, are seeing the benefits of both hard and soft freight costs savings when they deploy a TMS or freight management software.
The top reasons shippers plan to purchase a TMS or freight management software:
- Routing and Scheduling: Shippers want automation in order to save time and money spent on resources for processing freight shipments. The Cerasis Rater allows you to eliminate manual process and handwritten bills of lading by allowing you to store origins, destinations, and commonly used commodities, and it has your carriers and specific rates built-in so that anyone processing freight shipments can create an online bill of lading form, which they may print once or in batch and may email to the receiver who expects the shipment.
- Routing and Rating:Â The Cerasis Carrier Relationship Management team negotiates with carriers who serve you best. The team locks in your account specific rates, and both loads and maintains those rates in the Cerasis Rater. Once you’ve input your origin, destination, commodities, and any accessorial information, you come to the carrier selection page, where you choose between those specific, negotiated, real-time carrier rates. Once you pick these rates, an online bill of lading form is created. Â Additionally, if you have a shipment you don’t want to process yourself or are a vendor with inbound freight shipping to you, our Freight Routing Specialists will work with you, your customers, and vendors on your behalf using the Cerasis Rater, creating the same online bill of lading form that you would normally.
- Shipment Consolidation: When you are a Cerasis customer, Cerasis provides both technology and people to help ship your freight more efficiently. To provide the highest freight costs savings, we work with you to make sure you are shipping your freight in the right mode. Â Additionally, the Cerasis Rater’s drop-ship and master bill, have integrated sub-bill functionality allowing you to maximize your shipping routes.
- Carrier Selection: When you are ready to ship, do you really want to go to several websites, put in multiple quote inquiries, and HOPE you chose the right set of carriers who will give you the best rates, transit time, and limit of liability? When you are onboard with Cerasis, the FIRST thing we do is negotiate with the carriers who will give you the best lanes and prices. When it comes time to ship, you simply pick the carrier based on rate, transit time and limit of liability.
- Freight Payment/Auditing:Â Our freight management software technology allows Cerasis to offer automatic freight accounting services such as freight payment, freight auditing, and freight invoice consolidation. Our system audits your freight invoice for variances, and then our people correct discrepancies by working with the carrier on your behalf. No matter how many freight shipments you process each week, you will also only receive one consolidated freight invoice weekly. This frees up time and money to spend on your business, not on proper freight accounting.
If you are thinking about purchasingÂ freight management software or making a change from your current TMS, contact Cerasis today or ask to receive a Cerasis Rater Demo from one of our Account Executives.