Eliminate Time. Eliminate Process. Eliminate Waste. Eliminate Uncertainty.
95% of Cerasis business is done through LTL shipments. In fact, our transportation management system, the Cerasis Rater, handled more than 300,000 LTL freight shipments in 2013.
When you have shipments ready to go that are are smaller than a truckload, we allow you to choose within our TMS LTL carriers based on:
- Cost to ship the LTL freight rated by specific lanes negotiated with specific carriers by our Carrier Relations department.
- Transit time.
- Limit of liability or cargo insurance.
Our transportation management system decreases manual process, saving you valuable time when shipping LTL freight by storing the following common administrative aspects needed in order to create a Bill of Lading:
- Address Book for common LTL shipments destinations and origins with the flexibility to add on-off destination information.
- Stored commodities and recognition of frequently used and most recently used commodities, automatically assigning the NMFC number (freight class).
- YOUR specific carrier lane rates, not a neutral-based rate, again allowing you to uncover every penny to put back in your business.
Benefits of Shipping LTL Freight with Cerasis Tools and People
- Inbound Freight Management and Routing: Your Cerasis Freight Routing Specialist will work with you and your vendors on both outbound and inbound freight routing, providing notifications of shipment and tracking to BOTH parties.
- Multiple Location LTL Freight Shipping: Ship frequently between your multiple locations? Want full visibility and control into this activity? The Cerasis Rater, our powerful web-based transportation management system and services allows you to easily onboard new locations as you add them and then monitor and view reporting around your multiple locations shipping activity.
- Dropship or Zone Skipping: Have several destinations coming all from one place, or coming from multiple places to one destiation, but you want to maximize savings? Most people prefer not to utilize drop-ship or zone skipping services as it adds more points of communication, thus increasing chances of errors. This is not the case when you are a Cerasis shipper. We are able to automate this process and create proper freight accounting to allow for maximum cost savings.
- Auto Pick-up by Carriers: Our auto pick-up services within our freight management software automatically notify carriers for all lanes chosen for your LTL freight shipment. This decreases the amount of time and resources to keep up with the carrier, ensuring your load is picked up on time.
- Freight Shipment Tracking: Curious to know where your load is right now? Cerasis’s real time freight tracking gives you piece of mind that your LTL shipment will reach your customer. With automatic notifications, you, your customer, and your vendor will know when to expect their freight.
- Spot or Volume Quotes for Specialized LTL Freight
- Consultation on Cost Savings Opportunities: It is one of the core tenets of the Cerasis philosophy to align ourselves with your business goals. Your dedicated freight management customer service representative and Account Management Team will work right alongside you, consulting on best practices and eliminating common errors to maximize your cost savings opportunities.
- Truckload Freight Services: Our freight specialists will determine and execute freight logistics services for any LTL that is better suited for full truckload freight shipping.